Annapurna Circuit Trek
Considered one of the best treks in the world, this trek takes you through distinct regional scenery of rivers, flora, fauna and above all – mountains. There are four regions that are passed through on the trek; Lamjung, Manang, Mustang and Myagdi. Lamjung and Myagdi of the lower elevations are both predominantly Hindu and with lush green subtropical valleys with villages and terraced farming.
Manang and Mustang are of the higher elevations and are predominantly Tibetan Buddhist. The Manang people are Gurung (not Tibetan descent) and are very proud of their unique cultural heritage and merging of lower land Gurung and Tibetan cultural influences.
The trek goes counter-clockwise from Besisahar to Nayapul and reaches its summit in Thorung La (pass) at the height of 5416m, or 17,769 feet. The route goes past the following mountains: Manaslu (an 8,000-plus meter peak), Langtang Himal, Annapurna II and IV, Annapurna III and Gangapurna, and, of course, Annapurna I and Dhaulagiri — passing through the world’s deepest gorge in between those two 8,000-plus meter peaks. Poon Hill, at the end of the trek, affords views of those two mountains, as well as South Annapurna and Macchupucchre, the “Fishtail Mountain.”
This is a “teahouse trek,” meaning there are villages with lodges and restaurants to eat and stay in along the entire route.
Duration: 23 days
Max elevation: 5,416 m
Best time: Mar-Jun/Sep-Dec
Arrival in Kathmandu (1315m/4264 ft)
Kathmandu city sightseeing
Kathmandu - Besisahar - Khudi (800m/2624 ft) 8 - 9 hrs drive
Khudi - Sirung (2200m/7216 ft) 6 - 7 hrs.
Sirung - Chamje (1410m/4626ft) 5 - 6 hrs.
Chamje - Dharapani (1960m/6430ft) 5 - 6 hrs.
Dharapani - Chame (2710m/8891ft) 5 - 6 hrs.
Chame - Pisang (3300m/10824ft) 5 - 6 hrs.
Pisang - Manang (3540m) 6 - 7 hrs.
Manang - Yak Kharka (4110m/13484ft) 3 - 4 hrs.
Yak Kharka - Thorong Phedi (4600m/15092ft) 3 - 4 hrs.
Thorong Phedi - Muktinath (3800/12467ft) 7 - 8 hrs.
Muktinath - Marpha (2670m/8760ft) 4 - 5 hrs.
Marpha - Kalopani (2530 m/8300 ft) 5 - 6 hrs.
Kalopani - Tatopani (1200m/3937ft) 6 - 7 hrs.
Tatopani - Ghorepani (2850m/9350ft) 7 - 8 hrs.
Ghorepani - Tadapani (2710m/8891ft) 6 - 7 hrs.
Tadapani - Ghandruk - Pokhara (850m/2789ft) 5 - 6 hrs trek, 1 hr drive
Pokhara - Kathmandu
- All airport transfers
- Accommodation in Kathmandu in Royal Penguin Boutique Hotel & Spa, double occupancy, with breakfast
- Accommodation in a hotel in Pokhara, double occupancy, with breakfast
- All transfers by private Japanese vehicle for the whole trip
- English speaking tour guide for 2 days S/S
- Flight ticket PKR – KTM
- Domestic airport taxes
- Annapurna Circuit trekking package for 17 days
- Accommodation in normal teahouse lodges while trekking
- All meals & tea or coffee 3 times a day while on trek
- 1 good English speaking Sherpa guide with necessary porters
- TIMS card & ACAP permit
- Trekking equipment like: dawn jacket, sleeping bag, trekking stick, water bottle, rain poncho etc
- Insurance for our staff
- All Government taxes
- Lunch & dinner during stay in Kathmandu & Pokhara
- Any bar bills, laundry, tips
- Sightseeing entrance fees
- Travel insurance
- Any extra cost not mentioned in “Included” section