Shivapuri - Kakani
This is a short trek through Shivapuri National Park.
Shivapuri National Park is the ninth national park in Nepal established in 2002. It is located on the northern rim of the Kathmandu valley and named after Shivapuri Peak of 2,732 m (8,963 ft) altitude. From here there is a spectacular view of the Kathmandu valley as well as panoramic views of the Himalayan range. You can see Langtang Lirung, Mount Everest, Nuptse, Mount Manaslu, Ganesh Himal, Gaurishankar and other mountains as well as sunrise and sunset views.
This area is a protected watershed and wildlife reserve, supplying the Kathmandu Valley with fresh water. Much of the trek goes through undisturbed thick oak forest. If you are lucky you may come accross spotted dear, monkeys, jackals or some other animals on the trail.
Duration: 6 days
Max elevation: 2,340 m
Best time: Jan-Jun/Sep-Dec
Arrival at Kathmandu airport
Kathmandu city sightseeing (1315m)
Kathmandu – Sundarijal (1460m): 2 hrs drive; then trek to Chisapani (2165m): 5-7 hrs
Chisapani - Kakani (2070m): 7-8 hrs trek
Kakani - Kathmandu: 1.30 hrs drive
- All airport transfers
- All transfers by private Japanese vehicle for the whole trip
- Accommodation in Kathmandu in Royal Penguin Boutique Hotel & Spa, double occupancy, with breakfast
- Accommodation in lodges during trekking
- 1 Good English speaking guide & required porters.
- All meals during the trekking.
- Tea OR Coffee 3 times a day during trekking.
- Trekking equipment like Dawn jacket, Sleeping bag, trekking stick & water bottle.
- Insurance for our staff.
- Lunch & Dinner while your stay in Kathmandu
- Any bar bills, laundry, tips
- Sightseeing entrance fees.
- Travel Insurance.
- Any extra cost not mentioned in "Included" section