Dhulikel - Nagarkot - Kakani
If you wish to spend some days in the lap of nature and be revitalized by the beauty and pure environment of Nepal then Dhulikhel-Nagarkot-Kakani trek is your perfect choice. This is one of the short and easy treks around Kathmandu valley.
The trekking trail presents you the opportunity to admire the beautiful shrines, temples and stupas along with the panoramic mountain views of the Himalayas. Rhododendrons growing wild on the mountain slopes begin to bloom in late winter and stay in bloom for several months, giving the trek even more charm.
Situated at the distance of 32 km. from Kathmandu valley, Dhulikhel is famous for the amazing view of sunrise and sunset and also for the magnificent view of mighty Mount Everest and many other peaks. Nagarkot, which is a single day hiking from Dhulikhel is also one of the famous spot for viewing the sunrise and sunset in their best forms.
Located 29 kilometres north-west of the Kathmandu city, the fabulous holiday area of Kakani features attractions ranging from beautiful alpine scenery to the magnificent Himalayan panorama particularly of the Ganesh Himal massif. Other peaks that can be closely seen from Kakani are: Gaurishankar (7,134m), Choba Bhamre (6,109m), Manaslu (8,163m) Himalchuli (7,893m), Annapurna (8,091m) and several peaks.
Duration: 9 days
Max elevation: 2165 m
Best time: Jan-Jun/Sep-Dec
Arrival at Kathmandu airport
Kathmandu city sightseeing (1315m)
Drive Kathmandu - Dhulikhel(1625m)
Trek Dhulikhel - Nagarkot (2000m): 6 hrs
Trek Nagarkot - Chisapani (2165m): 6.30 hrs
Trek Chisapani - Kakani (2070m): 7-8 hrs
Drive Kakani - Kathmandu(1315m)
- All airport transfers
- All transfers by private Japanese vehicle for the whole trip
- Accommodation in Kathmandu in Royal Penguin Boutique Hotel & Spa,double occupancy, with breakfast
- Accommodation in lodges during trekking
- 1 Good English speaking guide & required porters.
- All meals during the trekking.
- Tea OR Coffee 3 times a day during trekking.
- Trekking equipment like Dawn jacket, Sleeping bag, trekking stick & water bottle.
- Insurance for our staff.
- Lunch & Dinner while your stay in Kathmandu
- Any bar bills, laundry, tips
- Sightseeing entrance fees.
- Travel Insurance.
- Any extra cost not mentioned in "Included" section